About Utah REIA Events
The Utah REIA hosts a wide variety of events for the following four reasons:
- Training/Information—Learn what to avoid and what to embrace from a list of experienced professionals. Topics include, but are not limited to: how to get started, how to buy with no money down, how to fix and flip, dos and don'ts in landlording, property precautions, and creative financing. “Knowledge is the new money.”--Robert Kiyosaki
- Networking—It's all about relationships. Turbocharge your network, boost your own credentials and get noticed.
- Community Involvement—Get involved, be a good citizen, and join us “hands on” in volunteering for such organizations as Habitat for Humanity and the Ronald McDonald House.
- Government Advocacy—Stay informed about new and proposed laws in Utah while fighting to protect the rights of real estate investors.
In order to accomplish the above, the Utah REIA provides four monthly, two biannual, and one annual event:
Utah Investor Meetups
- Utah Investor Meetups are held every first Thursday from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. at The Huddle—2400 East Fort Union Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84121.
The Utah Investor Meetup is all about networking. There are no presenters or education. Just bring your business cards and come build/strengthen relationships with fellow real estate investor professionals.
There is no cost to attend the Utah Investor Meetups and attendance does not count towards the first time guest policy.
Monthly Networking Luncheons
- Monthly Networking Luncheons are held every second Tuesday from 11:30 a.m – 1:00 p.m. at Red Robin—316 East Winchester Street, Murray, UT 84107
The Monthly Networking Luncheon begins with a half an hour of networking with fellow investors and vendors. Following networking is a 45 minute educational piece provided from a featured presenter. The final 15 minutes are dedicated to a Question and Answer forum with the presenter and prize giveaways.
Cost to attend Monthly Networking Luncheons are free to first time guests and Members of the Utah REIA. All others are $10. Food is extra.
Utah Wholesale Meetups
- Utah Wholesale Meetups are held the second Thursday from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Thai Siam - 12147 Factory Outlet Drive, Draper, UT 84020
Utah Wholesale Meetups feature Brian Pitcher, Owner of Intermountain Homebuyers and Jeff Rappaport, President of Wasatch Home Buyers, who introduce new ideas and relate experiences that are designed to help wholesalers take the next step.
- Monthly Meetings are held every fourth Tuesday from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at The Utah Apartment Association--448 East Winchester Street, Suite 460, Murray, UT 84107
The Monthly Meeting begins with a half an hour of networking with fellow investors and vendors. Following networking is a 75 minute educational piece provided from a featured presenter or featured presenters. The final 15 minutes are dedicated to a Question and Answer forum with the presenter and prize giveaways.
Cost to attend Monthly Meetings are free to first time guests and Members of the Utah REIA. All others are $15.
- Biannual Workshops are held every six months, feature a full of education, and feature a national speaker.
- The Annual Expo is an event held each August that features a national speaker, several local speakers, games, prizes, food, and lots of networking.
In the near future, the Utah REIA will offer training to earn Professional Home Provider Certification. This certification, sponsored and overseen by the National Real Estate Investors Association (National REIA), is a statewide, education-based certification program designed to recognize a high level of knowledge and professionalism. Topics of required courses include, but are not limited to, appraisals, contract law, ethics, fair housing, finance, inspections, insurance, landlord tenant law, management, marketing, negotiation, purchasing, rehabs, regulations, and tax law. For more information about PHP certification, click here.
For more information regarding Utah REIA Events, contact us.