The buying, selling, ownership, and management of real estate are highly regulated segments of the free enterprise system in the United States of America. As such, members of the Utah Real State Investment Association (Utah REIA) must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism. Utah REIA members desire to expand their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these activities in a legal and ethical manner, all members of Utah REIA will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, the following list of behaviors.
Members of Utah REIA will:
- Conduct themselves professionally, with the highest level of integrity.
- Accurately represent material facts in their business dealings.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, including housing code standards for health, safety and habitability.
- Always seek the counsel of professionals for any issue in which they are not well-versed.
- Complete their own due diligence in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same.
- Not place themselves in such a position where their interests may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the good of Utah REIA.
- Not make any unauthorized representations to the public, press or media with regards to Utah REIA's position on any matter with out the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Promote Utah REIA in its positive image within the community, and to aid and assist in its growth.
- Not use the Utah REIA logo, or other identification material or slogans, without the express written permission of the Executive Board.
Those who want Utah REIA to take action against a member for what they perceive to be unethical behavior must present their case to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee may then impose sanctions that may include suspension or permanent expulsion from Utah REIA.
Updated: June 3, 2014Download Ethics Policy Here